Popular Posts

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Losing My Virginity; The Real Story from an Ordinary Girl

Hey there!
I know that this story is all over the internet, but I found it is mostly the edited version from adults, either telling you to be terrified or have no worries. So, I'm here to tell you the raw story! No lies, I'm not trying to scare you into eternal abstinence, I'm just telling you what it was like for a normal sixteen year old girl.
This may not be the same for everyone, but hey,  I said this was my version, so here it is.



What Was True..
I've heard/read hundreds of stories regarding losing virginity. Though most of these stories contained myths that weren't entirely true, there were some things you should know I found accurate.



l. I felt closer to my partner afterwards

I know a lot of girls, including myself, come off like sex isn't a big deal. It's very complicated to define. The physical part of it is small, natural, and not really that significant. However, the emotional
part is, especially in the act of losing your virginity. You're vulnerable, and not just in the way that you're probably completely naked. But, you're also in pain, you've never experienced something like this before, this man is going where no man has ever gone, literally. It's a big deal. For the rest of your life, people will ask you how you lost your virginity, even if it's in cheesy truth or dare games. And, you're going to repeat the story. Make it a good one! I don't mean to scare you, no one's losing virginity story is perfect, there's usually no romantic, pre planned playlist in the back ground, the lights dimmed, and rose petals covering the floor. My advice is simply this: lose your virginity to someone you love.



2. If it's with the right person, you won't regret it.

Again, the right person is key. I'd say about half of people I talk to say they regret how they lost their virginity, and most of those claim it's because it wasn't with the right person. When I got into high school, I was very shy and thought that no one would ever date me, and therefore, I'd hang onto my V card probably into college. And that's totally fine! If I didn't find my first love in highschool, I would have patiently waited until college or a later time to sleep with someone for the first time. Many girls do it with any guy they're "talking" (talking: definition: have a fling with someone; unofficial) to or who happens to hit them up one lonely night, just to get it over with.
If you love that person, and you are sure this is what you want, I say do it. If you ever regret it in the future, you'll know that sleeping with that man is what you wanted at the time, and that's enough.
Please, lovelies, just wait for someone you love. It makes losing your virginity go from a task to a sweet memory.



3. It's beautiful.

Not to be crude, but I always thought "how could a penis breaking a hymen be beautiful? It seems bloody, painful and unimportant"... I was wrong. It's not the physical penis enters vagina that's beautiful, it's how young you are, how raw the feelings are. I was lucky enough to also take the virginity of the man who took mine, so we were both a little nervous, but in the good way. It's not that we didn't know what we were doing, it's textbook. But, we just couldn't believe that we, just a goofy high school couple, were about to make love. It was amazing.





What Surprised Me




1. The Popping of My "Cherry"
If you're completely new to the thought of losing your virginity, I'll let you know right now that the phrase "to pop a cherry" means to break the hymen, which is a lining that is just inside your vagina. Many women tear their hymen before sex, or wear it down, or don't even have it at all! But when you hear that sex hurts, that pain is a result from breaking the hymen. 

I originally thought that I didn't have a hymen anymore, since I was a mature woman who has been using tampons all her life and went through a "training" in order to make sex hurt less. I was wrong.

When my hymen broke, it wasn't a big rip. It was more than one push, and there was a lot of blood! In the movies, it seemed like you had two or three cute droplets of blood on the sheets after losing your virginity. But, I had several teaspoons, and there was blood for the next day or so visable in my panties and whenever I went to the bathroom. 

Advice: Make sure you put down a towel or you're okay with your sheets getting a little blood on them. Most of the blood went on my panties after we had sex and didn't drip out during the process of it all.

2. The Pain
Most of my friends told me that there would be little to no pain involved and if there was, it was because I was tense and he wasn't the right person or because I wasn't emotionally ready. Nope! He and I had been (have been, but you know what I mean) together for a long time, discussed it, and were ready. I was mature enough and it's not that his..package was abnormally large. It hurt because it will just hurt for some women. This might do with how wide your hips are, or some other factors with your body. But be ready for a little pain, just in case!

Here's what it felt like: 
It felt as if you were poking a large area of skin, like your thigh, with something not that sharp, but pointy. So, maybe like poking the top of your thigh with a kabob stick. It's difficult to describe. Truth is, it's not that bad at all, but it just caught me off guard.

Advice: If you find yourself tensing from the pain, take a deep breath and relax all muscles, that will help A LOT. Lay back on the bed (or whatever surface) and breathe in, letting your stomach, back and the muscles in your vagina relax. You'll be able to enjoy it more.



3. How Fast It Was Over
I know, I know. They tell you all the time that virgin boys will finish fast, but I didn't believe this because my boy wasn't just any little virgin. We had engaged in previous sexual activities where he showed that he had control, a lot of it! But, when it came down to actual sex, against all his promises and confidence, he finished within minutes. Keep in mind ladies that it isn't his fault for being a virgin, but also yours because your vagina is the tightest it will ever be, which makes it extremely hard to even full matured and experienced men to hold back after a couple minutes. The point is, it's very normal and it's not that bad! If you feel a little cheated, you can just try again when he's "recharged".

Advice: Don't be disappointed, especially if you're a girl.It will probably end soon, but don't blame your partner. It's hard enough to pleasure a woman, think of how difficult it would be to do on your very first try.



4. I Didn't Very Different Afterwards

I don't know why I thought that him sticking a piece of himself inside of me would make me feel any more mature, or like any more of a woman. We were already very close emotionally, so we simply made that bond physical. I still see myself as a virgin, since it hasn't set in yet.. That one moment of time was it for me, it was supposed to change my life and make me turn from just a kid to a woman. Maybe it will, but I feel like I was already a woman, and I didn't need a man and his penis to make me that.

Myths about sex!
I heard some crazy things about sex before I experienced it, some of which caused me to be scared, and wait longer. Here's just a few...


1. "Having sex makes you a bad person"
Not to get involved with religious views and so on, but I don't think if you have sex, whether it was planned or a mistake or spontaneous, should make you feel bad about yourself.


2. "He's gonna tell EVERYONE"
Hopefully, you guys are mature enough not to spread the news. I always had this terrible nightmare that whoever I slept with would walk into the locker room and tell every guy in sight "Hey! I finally got ____ to put out!" and he would receive high fives. This doesn't happen to most girls, but still be careful when choosing a mature guy.

Final Note: 
If requested, I can put my entire story up. but, I didn't want to share that information if no one wanted it!

My final advice is: choose someone you love. Don't expect it to be like the movies, let it be beautiful in its own way. Lastly, have fun! You can only do this once.

No comments:

Post a Comment